Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Developing my platform/ This has some real content

I am doing this blog for one reason; to make a name and expand my platform, in order to do that I have to write something here that people like and enjoy and give them reasons to come back so I suppose the best way to do that is write. I will save the stuff that is better for twitter for, well, twitter and things like chapter previews and bonuses I will post to my facebook author page. So with no more delay lets talk about the book I am writing now.

The tentative title is: Swords and Wisdom, I am leaning towards an overall title with a subtitle since I think I could write more books for the same world. I know that seems presumptuous but hey I need to  be overzealous and confident. I mean if I suck so much at writing then my book will fail and none of this will eventually matter, but if my writing is not half bad then even ok authors makes some money. And I do expect to get an editor.

What is going on with my book? Well, the story is this; In a completely separate existence from Earth there is a world very similar to our planet. The planet is inhabited first by Elves, then Dwarves and then a different type of Elves is created, the are called the Grey Elves. Finally the Humans are created and they live on this planet for thousands of years interacting in what I believe most people would guess as normal and then Vampires hit the scene and create quite the problem.   There were plenty of problems before and some of them were solved, but for the sake of my book right now, Vampires are the relevant problem. Then a funny thing happens, Nearly all the Humans are taken off the planet, and there is wide speculation as to why and how, but the important thing is that the Humans that were left all got eaten or turned into Vampires.   Oooh, would you like to know more well I have to save something for another blog post, I have to bring you back somehow. So here is current situation, There are no more humans, their only remnants are ruins and vampires, it has been fairly peaceful for the last few centuries, nothing too major. There is a weak peace treaty between the vampires and the other races, basically they don't do anything stupid and the other races wont try to exterminate them. There is a large section of land between the vampires and the Elves that is more or less a no man's land but a meteorite hits there and often meteorites can be very powerful magically. So the Elves secretly send in a pair of Elves to find and retrieve the meteorite and.........


I think that is enough for today as far as the story goes, I mean if you want to read more you might as well just read the book. But some of the things I want accomplish with my book(other than make money, get famous and genuinely entertain the masses), Is have some macro political suggestions, not Democrat, Republican, and a lot of it wont even be relative to modern times but I want my book to cause a little bit of thinking, I want it to be smart but also be accessible to people who are not necessarily smart.

There you go, I am currently 123,000+ into it and I really really really want to finish this month, you can yell at me to help. I sincerely think that I can finish it this month too and get a bit of editing done. Then I get to consider just editing before the next step or start querying for agents.

Thank you for your time
Shane 

Feel free to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment